The Center for Health Equity has several resources available to the community, researchers, students, and faculty that address issues important to health equity and health disparities.
- Community Violence Prevention Project: Findings Report (2012) - Presents key findings from the Community Violence Prevention Project, which combines epidemiologic surveillance and community-based participation to better understand neighborhood perceptions, behavior, and dynamics associated with violence in Pittsburgh.
- Community Violence Prevention Project: Findings Report (2013)-- Homicide Reveiw Report includes key findings from the Community Violence Prevention Project, which combines epidemiologic surveillance and community-based participation to better understand neighborhood perceptions, behavior, and dynamics associated with violence in Pittsburgh.
- Allegheny County Health Survey Results - Quantifies health disparities by race, income and education in Allegheny County.
Regional or National Reports
- Siordia, Carlos and Hilario Molina II (2015) Cross-Sectional Markers of Stratification: Risk for Ambulatory Disability as per the Class, Race, and Sex (CSR) Hypothesis - This report uses cross-sectional markers stratification to show risk for ambulatory disability. Utilizes national data from the America Community Survey (ACS) Public Use Microdata Sample (PUMS) 5-year 2008-2012 file.
- Siordia, Carlos (2015) Rural-Urban Disparities in Disability in the State of Pennsylvania - Investigates how disability prevalence differs by population density in the state of Pennsylvania. Utilizes regional data from the America Community Survey (ACS) Public Use Microdata Sample (PUMS) 3-year 2009-2011 file.
- Siordia, Carlos (2015) A Socio-Demographic Profile of the Population in Health Occupations - Presents a description of the sociodemographic characteristics of individuals working in health occupations. Utilizes national data from the America Community Survey (ACS) Public Use Microdata Sample (PUMS) 5-year 2008-2012 file.
CHE Journal Articles
- Yonas M., Burke J., Brown S., Borrebach J., Garland R., Burke D., Grefenstette J. (2013) Dynamic Simulation of Crime Perpetration and Reporting to Examine Community Intervention Strategies. Health Education & Behavior, 40(Suppl. 1), 87S-97S.
- Documet PI, Kamouyerou A, Pesantes A, Macia L, Maldonado H, Fox AR, Bachurski L, Morgenstern D, Gonzalez M, Boyzo R, Guadamuz T (2013) Participatory assessment of the health of Latino immigrant men in a community with a growing Latino population. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health
- Benadof, D, Polk, D, Documet, PI. Stages and transitions in the development of tooth brushing skills in children of Mexican immigrant families. A qualitative study. Published online Jun. 16, 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/jphd.12108
- Niebler, M., Documét, P. I., Chaves-Gnecco, D., & Guadamuz, T. E. (2015). Birth Experiences of Immigrant Latina Women in a New Growth Community. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities, 1-7. | DOI: 10.1007/s40615-015-0159-y.
- Documet, P. I., Macia, L., Thompson, A., Gonzalez, M., Boyzo, R., Fox, A. R., & Guadamuz, T. E. (2015). A Male Promotores Network for Latinos Process Evaluation From a Community-Based Participatory Project. Health promotion practice. | DOI: 10.1177/1524839915609059.
Academic Resources on Latino Health
- Latino Health in Southwestern Pennsylvania - This list of academic resources includes a collection of dissertations, theses, as well as publications on latino health in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Community Resources on Latino Health
- Resources for Latinos in Southwestern Pennsylvania / Recursos para Latinos en el suroeste de Pennsylvania - This list of community resources includes community clinics, dental clinics, emotional health, support groups, and more. / Lista de recursos comunitarios que invluye clínicas comunitarias, dentales, de salud mental, grupos de apoyo, y mucho más.